GoalsTalk.Com - Online International Soccer Discussions

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fabregas Hails Arsenal's Denilson & Song

Ali Swaidan
    Ali Swaidan
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 169
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Fabregas Hails Arsenal's Denilson & Song Empty Fabregas Hails Arsenal's Denilson & Song

Post by Ali Swaidan Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:58 pm

Fabregas Hails Arsenal's Denilson & Song 34861_news

Cesc Fabregas earlier opined that he thought Arsenal's title challenge was over. However, he's also provided supporters with something a little more positive by praising the performances of Denilson (pictured) and Alexandre Song in the Gunners' midfield engine-room this season.
    The Brazilian and the Cameroonian have occupied the central midfield positions for the north London outfit since Fabregas suffered medial knee ligament damage in a tackle from Spanish international colleague Xabi Alonso of Liverpool on December 21.
    Both Denilson and Song are only 21, and Fabregas, that age himself of course, has been pleased with the maturity and composure his two fellow youngsters have shown at the heart of the Arsenal line-up.
    "I’ve played with both of them, of course, and I can say they work really hard, they always give their best and are very honest players," he told the Official Arsenal Programme.
    "At Arsenal there's a lot of pressure because we are a big club, but from my perspective, and from outside, I think they are doing well."
    Last weekend's 0-0 draw with Sunderland at the Emirates meant that Arsene Wenger's men have failed to win in their last three league games, but Fabregas is urging supporters to temper their high expectations with a certain amount of realism, as the Gunners' title challenge fades.
    "If we had scored one of our early chances [against Sunderland last] Saturday we could have gone on to win by four," the midfielder added, before concluding by reminding fans that the club have lost games with some true greats playing in midfield, and that football is a team game.
    "We have to remember that this game depends on the entire team, and squad, and also to be mindful that Arsenal has lost games involving myself, Patrick Vieira, Edu, Gilberto and many other midfielders in the past!" he asserted.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:21 am