GoalsTalk.Com - Online International Soccer Discussions

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Korea: 2002 & 2006 Star Lee Chun-Soo Joins Chunnam Dragons

Ali Swaidan
    Ali Swaidan
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 169
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Korea: 2002 & 2006 Star Lee Chun-Soo Joins Chunnam Dragons Empty Korea: 2002 & 2006 Star Lee Chun-Soo Joins Chunnam Dragons

Post by Ali Swaidan Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:20 pm

Korea: 2002 & 2006 Star Lee Chun-Soo Joins Chunnam Dragons 18781_news

Former South Korean international Lee Chun-soo has joined K-League club Chunnam Dragons ahead of the new season.

The 27 year-old star of the 2002 and 2006 World Cups has been without a club since being released by Suwon Samsung Bluewings in December.

He joined Suwon in July 2008 on a one-year loan from Dutch giants Feyenoord where had endured an unproductive season in which he failed to score in 12 matches.

The forward, a controversial figure in his homeland for his antics on and off the field could face FC Seoul in the opening match of the 2009 season on March 7.

"I have known Lee since the 2002 World Cup," Dragons manager Park Hang-seo, a member of Guus Hiddink’s coaching staff, told reporters.

"I know some people have a negative impression of him, but I will make him a lead player in the club," Park added.

Lee, who has promised to do his talking on the pitch from now on, knows that his choices were limited and has vowed to make a new start.

"Coach Park knows my strong and weak points," Lee said. " I'll humbly do my best, like a rookie."

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 am