GoalsTalk.Com - Online International Soccer Discussions

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benfica's Reyes Denies Flores Row

Quiver
    Quiver
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Benfica's Reyes Denies Flores Row Empty Benfica's Reyes Denies Flores Row

Post by Quiver Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:41 pm

SL Benfica winger José Antonio Reyes has denied that there is any bad blood between himself and coach Quique Flores.

The Spanish coach accused Reyes of paying more attention to the newspapers' headlines about him than concentrating on his football after an uninspired substitute performance against Belenenses in the Portuguese league.

Reyes - who arrived at the Estádio da Luz in the summer - shone for Benfica on Wednesday as the Eagles edged past Vitória de Guimarães 2-1 to reach the final of the Carslberg Cup, where they will clash with arch-Lisbon rivals Sporting Clube de Portugal.

After the game, Flores praised Reyes' display and the ex-Arsenal midfielder was quick to underline that all is well between him and the coach.

"He is the coach so he makes the decisions he sees fit," Reyes said on starting the game against Belenenses from the bench. "I just have to try to help the team and work even more, doing my part without fuelling controversies."

However, Reyes stressed that he did not deserve to be publicly criticised by his own boss, saying: "Yes, he was harsh. Maybe he should not have done it through the press, but face-to-face.

"It hit me, but everything is fine between us."

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:01 am