GoalsTalk.Com - Online International Soccer Discussions

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Admin
Millsybeast
j2021
7 posters

Tottenham complete Eidur Gudjohnsen loan capture

j2021
    j2021

Male
    Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2010-01-29

Tottenham complete Eidur Gudjohnsen loan capture Empty Tottenham complete Eidur Gudjohnsen loan capture

Post by j2021 Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Tottenham complete Eidur Gudjohnsen loan capture _47195992_eidur

Tottenham have completed the signing of former Chelsea and Barcelona forward Eidur Gudjohnsen on a loan deal from Monaco for the end of the season.
    The 31-year-old Icelander, who also attracted interest from London rivals West Ham, underwent a medical and agreed terms on the move on Thursday.
    "He's a player I've always admired," said boss Harry Redknapp. "He can play several positions and is very clever.
    "It was his decision to come to us. He said 'I want to come to Tottenham'."
    West Ham had been confident of arranging a deal after Gudjohnsen underwent a medical at the club.
    But Spurs, who BBC Sport understands have been negotiating a deal for the player for several weeks, convinced him to opt for north rather than east London.
    "I rang him and left a message on his phone and he came back to me and said 'I want to come to Tottenham'," said Redknapp. "He gives us lots of options. He is a top player."

Gudjohnsen will provide cover for a number of positions as they look to push for a top-four finish.
    They already have four strikers in Jermain Defoe, Peter Crouch, Robbie Keane and Roman Pavlyuchenko at the club, though Birmingham City are in talks with the Londoners about signing the latter.
    The Russian is keen to leave White Hart Lane after falling down the pecking order, but Redknapp said: "We're not keen to sell him. We're happy with him. Technically he's a terrific player."
    And Gudjohnsen's arrival will not necessarily mean one of the quartet will be leaving.
    It is thought he is more likely to be used as an experienced replacement for Giovani dos Santos, the Mexican playmaker who joined Galatasaray on loan until the end of the season on Wednesday.

Tottenham complete Eidur Gudjohnsen loan capture O606: DEBATE
    Can Gudjohnsen still cut it in the Premier League?
    The deal for Gudjohnsen, who only joined Monaco last summer, will be a bitter pill to swallow for new Hammers co-owner David Sullivan, who had reacted angrily to news of Spurs' interest.
    "We thought we had a deal and the player had even had a medical," he said. "We then heard that Tottenham were trying to speak to the player.
    "I can't say I am happy about it but I believe in karma and what goes around, comes around."
    Sullivan is prioritising strikers as he looks to boost the Hammers squad amid their battle against relegation, with Benni McCarthy poised to sign from Blackburn for £2.5m and Manchester City striker Benjani Mwaruwari also on their radar.
    Gudjohnsen twice won the Premier League title with Chelsea, in 2005 and 2006, and helped Barcelona to quadruple glory in 2009.
    Strange signing not really any need for him to move to tottenham as he will not really get a game there they have far too many strikers as it is
    Millsybeast
    Millsybeast
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 156
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Tottenham complete Eidur Gudjohnsen loan capture Empty Re: Tottenham complete Eidur Gudjohnsen loan capture

Post by Millsybeast Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:18 pm

I agree, better for him to just go to a place like West Ham where he wouldve played most matches.
    Admin
    Admin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 316
    Registration date : 2009-01-02

Tottenham complete Eidur Gudjohnsen loan capture Empty Re: Tottenham complete Eidur Gudjohnsen loan capture

Post by Admin Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:18 am

For some reasons , i don't know i think he is lag Razz
    Quiver
    Quiver
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by Quiver Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:21 am

Yes he is lag, but he is intelligent.
    Has a good eye for a pass as well. I think he can be useful for them.
    DH9Videos
    DH9Videos
    Junior
    Junior

Male
    Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2010-02-04

Post by DH9Videos Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:31 am

i think this is a good loan deal for tottenham but do they really need him ?
    TheChrisHolleyVideos
    TheChrisHolleyVideos
    Junior
    Junior

Male
    Number of posts : 39
    Registration date : 2010-01-31

Post by TheChrisHolleyVideos Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:53 am

i agree but they also let keane out on loan so its a win , win situration
    Hagibest
    Hagibest
    Senior
    Senior

Male
    Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Post by Hagibest Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:36 am

He's so underrated! He hasn't played too much for Barca but he's really class and they should take advantage of him, he's great!

Good deal here. Very Happy
    Quiver
    Quiver
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male

Post by Quiver Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:56 pm

TheChrisHolleyVideos wrote:i agree but they also let keane out on loan so its a win , win situration
    Keane is a better player thank Gudjohnsen any day. It was idiotic to send keane out on loan. Harry, did not manage to rotate players very well.
    Hagibest
    Hagibest
    Senior
    Senior

Male
    Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Post by Hagibest Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:09 am

[quote]Keane is a better player thank Gudjohnsen any day.[quote]
    Thanks for stating the bloody obvious Tottenham complete Eidur Gudjohnsen loan capture Icon_lol

PS: don't take this seriously, I'm just messin' with you Tottenham complete Eidur Gudjohnsen loan capture Icon_wink
    Quiver
    Quiver
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male

Post by Quiver Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:28 pm

[quote="Hagibest"][quote]Keane is a better player thank Gudjohnsen any day.

Thanks for stating the bloody obvious Tottenham complete Eidur Gudjohnsen loan capture Icon_lol

PS: don't take this seriously, I'm just messin' with you Tottenham complete Eidur Gudjohnsen loan capture Icon_wink

Sure you can, after all your a Devil & i am Gunner tongue

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:33 am