GoalsTalk.Com - Online International Soccer Discussions

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

"FootyGame" to be sponsored by Goals.ws?

Hagibest
    Hagibest
    Senior
    Senior

Male
    Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

"FootyGame" to be sponsored by Goals.ws? Empty "FootyGame" to be sponsored by Goals.ws?

Post by Hagibest Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Hello all,

I've just started this 'game', you may call it. -> FootyGame.

If approved by Cool3atool, I will go on to complete this and have it sponsored by the forum. Smile

That way we can get more players on it and also the forum may get some too and will be considered part of this site so you will have a 'game' to attract members Very Happy

Here is the blog explaining it: http://footygame.blogspot.com

Here is the actual game, which takes place mostly in a forum but also you get to play on this multi-player site, may sound confusing now but when you read the blog you will get it;
    http://footygame.forummotion.com

I will really need some of you guys to volunteer and help though, and you will be rewarded in the end. So post here if you are interested in helping me out to start the construction more and improve it and moderate it as we go on with the game. You won't regret it, and will even be able to have special features in the game for helping. You can also suggest ideas to make it better if you like, open to changes. Wink

Sign-up to become a manager or a player today and start your career! Very Happy
    Quiver
    Quiver
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

"FootyGame" to be sponsored by Goals.ws? Empty Re: "FootyGame" to be sponsored by Goals.ws?

Post by Quiver Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Can you tell more about this idea of how you will be executing the idea on the forum?
    Hagibest
    Hagibest
    Senior
    Senior

Male

"FootyGame" to be sponsored by Goals.ws? Empty Re: "FootyGame" to be sponsored by Goals.ws?

Post by Hagibest Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:01 am

The concept is pritty simple in general - all you do is go to the forum, register, and post in the appropriate thread(s) (depending which your career you want to follow and where). Follow instructions and just wait. It'll get better and better as we progress and improve it over time. Wink
    Quiver
    Quiver
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by Quiver Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:42 pm

How do we get points or rather some criteria after which we can differentiate between winners.
    Admin
    Admin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 316
    Registration date : 2009-01-02

Post by Admin Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Quiver wrote:How do we get points or rather some criteria after which we can differentiate between winners.
    Yep thats Razz a good question ? "FootyGame" to be sponsored by Goals.ws? Icon_biggrin
    Hagibest
    Hagibest
    Senior
    Senior

Male

Post by Hagibest Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:53 am

haha sorry for the late reply guys, just got up, time is different over here (GMT -5, EST).

Ok, at the moment I am still deciding if I will be using a scoring software for matches or FM10 or other ways... until I get a lot of people to sign-up and we are ready to go.

For players, they all start with low 'skill points' (dribbling, finishing, reflexes [GK], tackling, passing, technique, crossing, etc.) but as you train and play matches you will earn exp. points and skill points, depending on how you did. If you were Man of the Match or scored a goal or goals, you also gain extra bonus points. Also, the better/bigger club you play for, the more points you gain from matches and training, though it will also be harder to get into these clubs so less chances of playing in matches (except reserve matches and training) - NOTE: this will apply when we fill the teams' positions with players, so now it is easier to get in them, so hurry! We will also be adding 'computed' players that aren't registered users to fill spots.

Managers will be a little different, they will get exp. and 'managing' skill points as well, but it will be different. There is only one position though for manager in each club, which makes it difficult, so hurry now (except for ass. manager position or chairman or reserve-team coach, which aren't necessary though at the moment...). Also, realize that you should read all info. and basic rules on the blog before visiting the forum and playing.
    Additionally, you should know that if you choose to become a manager or ass. manager or another position of the sort, you cannot become a player (unless you use a different account, of course Laughing ) - but, if you start as a player and retire, you can become a manager. We are also thinking though that some users could be 'player-managers' (ex. like Simon-Weaver was at Harrogate Town FC, if any of you know of them).

Hope that answers most of your basic questions. We are open to suggestions if you want to post them in that forum, and I will try to make a tab linking back to here (so you guys are now officially sponsoring it Wink ).

We also need people to post their interest in the 'FootyGame Management' Thread under the Administration if they would like to help us out with the game moderation and all that, you will be rewarded in several ways (including advantages in the game) if you do. Very Happy

The informational blog: http://footygame.blogspot.com
    The Game: http://footygame.forummotion.com

Thanks to all,
    Hagibest
    Admin
    Admin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male

Post by Admin Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:23 pm

what about searching for online football manager script and make it the official game of goals ?
    Hagibest
    Hagibest
    Senior
    Senior

Male

Post by Hagibest Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:32 am

haha, that's a good idea! Never thought of that.

Thought I'm not sure how that would work, it may be difficult...

But if you and some other people help out with that, then yes.
    Hagibest
    Hagibest
    Senior
    Senior

Male

Post by Hagibest Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:40 am

I just found out you have to pay 500$ for it! (on the official website).

I gonna see if I can find a free one or a different game script maybe...
    Admin
    Admin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male

Post by Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Hagibest wrote:haha, that's a good idea! Never thought of that.

Thought I'm not sure how that would work, it may be difficult...

But if you and some other people help out with that, then yes.

Nope not difficult Smile just get me the script and i'll handle everything Smile
    Hagibest
    Hagibest
    Senior
    Senior

Male

Post by Hagibest Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:04 am

Yeah, actually I have found a decent script as a base for the game, but I cannot give it to you right now as I'm posting this at school. I will post again with the script code later. Wink
    Hagibest
    Hagibest
    Senior
    Senior

Male

Post by Hagibest Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:45 am

@Cool3atool:
    I have been looking at this site since a bit after I started this thread, but never thought of it. I haven't downloaded it but the screenshots look decent and has similar features to Football Manager. I am not sure how to get the script so I will give you the link to the official site and you can go yourself from there.

URL: http://bygfoot.sourceforge.net/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 pm