GoalsTalk.Com - Online International Soccer Discussions

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola Faces Cesc Fabregas Versus Franck Ribery Decision - Report

Ali Swaidan
    Ali Swaidan
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 169
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola Faces Cesc Fabregas Versus Franck Ribery Decision - Report Empty Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola Faces Cesc Fabregas Versus Franck Ribery Decision - Report

Post by Ali Swaidan Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:08 am

Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola Faces Cesc Fabregas Versus Franck Ribery Decision - Report 62760_news

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has assumed all responsibilities when it comes to signing new players for the next campaign. After verbally renewing his contract for next season, Guardiola has taken on the duties previously relegated to Txiki Begiristain for next season's additions, according to Marca.

The Barca coach has reportedly decided upon either Cesc Fabregas or Franck Ribery as his big summer signing for next season.

The Barca coach wants to sign the Frenchman as he currently lacks a predominantly left-sided player for next season. However, signing Ribery may not be up to Guardiola as Bayern refused to sell the player last summer and if they should cede this year, they will do so at a very high price, probably in the range of €60-80 million.

Cesc Fabregas is the other objective and here, Guardiola's leverage is greater. Barca reportedly already have a 'yes' from the player who is a former Blaugrana youth product and know his financial terms. Arsenal also seem resigned to the fact that they will have to part with their star midfielder. However, Cesc's price is likely to be very high and Barca expect the transfer to be in the range of €40-45 million.

Should Barca sign Cesc, it is anticipated that Andres Iniesta would move to play on the left, in which case Guardiola would pursue a left-sided player to serve as an ample substitute for the Spaniard in case of injury.

Admin
    Admin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 316
    Registration date : 2009-01-02

Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola Faces Cesc Fabregas Versus Franck Ribery Decision - Report Empty Re: Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola Faces Cesc Fabregas Versus Franck Ribery Decision - Report

Post by Admin Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:11 am

I would like to have both Smile in barca's squad Very Happy so it can look like this :

Valdes
    Alves Puyol Pique Abidal
    Xavi
    Fabregas Iniesta
    Messi Ibrahimovic Ribery
    Hagibest
    Hagibest
    Senior
    Senior

Male
    Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola Faces Cesc Fabregas Versus Franck Ribery Decision - Report Empty Re: Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola Faces Cesc Fabregas Versus Franck Ribery Decision - Report

Post by Hagibest Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:47 am

hmm...

That would be great for the Catalonian club, but I don't see Faby leaving Arsenal at the moment, I think he likes it very much there and he is very successful. Even so, there is a good chance he may as he is indeed Spanish and also Barca are the best in the world at the moment, so who knows. Ribery shouldn't be too hard to get imo, considering he is with Bayern right now, he would likely go to the world's best club without a doubt in my mind.
    Quiver
    Quiver
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by Quiver Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Ribery for me is overrated to be honest.
    Hagibest
    Hagibest
    Senior
    Senior

Male
    Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Post by Hagibest Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:51 pm

I've always like his football, I actually think he's rather underrated...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:19 am