GoalsTalk.Com - Online International Soccer Discussions

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parker signs new deal at West Ham

Quiver
    Quiver
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Parker signs new deal at West Ham Empty Parker signs new deal at West Ham

Post by Quiver Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:27 pm

West Ham midfielder Scott Parker has signed a new contract that will keep him at Upton Park until 2013.

The 28-year-old was linked with a move to Manchester City in the January transfer window, but has now pledged his future to West Ham.

Parker told the club's website: "I am very happy, pleased and excited - especially after all the speculation in the transfer window.

"I can now put that to rest and sign a new long-term contract."

The former Newcastle and Chelsea player added: "In the last few weeks, the way the club is going and the direction that the manager and the board want to go, is something I want to follow.

"By signing my new contract, it says that I want to do this as well. It also says a lot about West Ham. There have been a lot of negative things written, saying there was a crisis and all of that.

"This shows that West Ham are in a position to keep their players when others want them and as a player and for the fans, that is a great thing.

"The manager Gianfranco Zola showed a real desire to keep me. He sees me as a massive part of the squad and that meant a lot to me, especially when there were things being written everywhere. So I am delighted to sign."

Parker follows England strikers Dean Ashton and Carlton Cole in committing himself to the club long-term, while youngsters Jack Collison and Freddie Sears have done likewise.

Zola said: "This is great news. Scott is an excellent player and it is good to have him at our service for more years.

"We have a long-term view, and we need time to set up our project and give it a chance to grow.

"The club are sticking to this policy and it is brilliant. It means we are really serious about everything that we have said."

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:15 pm