GoalsTalk.Com - Online International Soccer Discussions

Please Login or Register if you haven't registered on out site.

You need to be registered on our site in order to watch live soccer on our site.

Europe World Qualifications 2010

mahdi

Male
    Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Europe World Qualifications 2010

Post by mahdi on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:49 am

International round-up - Wed 9th Sep

A review of international matches featuring Barclays Premier League players.

England are through to the 2010 World Cup finals as two goals apiece from Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard enabled them to overpower Croatia 5-1 at Wembley.

Chelsea midfielder Lampard and Liverpool ace Gerrard took full revenge after being two of only three survivors from the England side beaten by Croatia in a Euro 2008 qualifier at the same stadium two years ago.
    Wayne Rooney added the fifth goal after Arsenal striker Eduardo had netted a consolation effort for the visitors.

England had needed only a draw to qualify after Ukraine's goalless draw away to Belarus.Near Post

Wales made Russia fight all the way for a 3-1 victory that keeps them hot on the heels of Germany in the race for top spot in World Cup qualifying Group Four.
    The Welsh youngsters produced a spirited display and were more than a match for the Euro 2008 semi-finalists, who took the lead after 36 minutes when the excellent Andrey Arshavin of Arsenal created a fine goal for Igor Semshov, despite some impressive early play from the hosts.
    Wales forced their way back into the game when defender James Collins of West Ham United scored on the near post from Aaron Ramsey's corner, before Sergei Ignashevich belted home a free-kick with 18 minutes left and Tottenham Hotspur's Roman Pavlyuchenko added a third in the closing seconds.
    In other World Cup qualifiers, Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner netted for Denmark in their 1-1 draw in Albania, Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack scored from the spot in Germany's 4-0 win at home to Azerbaijan and Nenad Milijas of Wolverhampton Wanderers scored with a penalty in Serbia's 1-1 draw at home to France.
    Admin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 316
    Registration date : 2009-01-02

Re: Europe World Qualifications 2010

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:53 am

Lampard was great today Very Happy

P.S.:
    Spain won 3-0 against estonia Very Happy

Male
    Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-09-10

Post by Kyuubi_wyvrine on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:12 am

hey that was my topic,i wanted to write about my best team russia,and i'm from belarus,you tooked my topics.:'(

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:47 pm